At Highland Housing Alliance and HHA Homes, Fairways, Castle Heather, Inverness IV2 6AA we take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the Data Protection Act of 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (eu0 2016/679 which is applicable from 25 May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
The following notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use it.
During the course of our activities we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner.
The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
We collect information about you:
- When you require to be informed on housing projects, apply for housing with us, become a tenant, request services/repairs, enter into a tenancy agreement with ourselves howsoever arising or otherwise provide us with your personal details.
- From your use of our online services, whether to report any tenancy related issues, make a complaint or otherwise.
- From your arrangements to make payment to us (such as bank details, payment card numbers, employment details, benefit entitlement and any other income and expenditure related information).
How we use your Information
We need your information and will use your information
- To undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you.
- To enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested.
- To enable us to respond to your request, housing application and complaints made.
- To analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and services we offer.
- To contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services or supplies which may affect you.
- For all purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
- To contact you for your views on our products and services.
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processes only by our employees within the UK/European Economic Area (EEA). We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you including –
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merge with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owner.
- If we instruct repair or maintenance works, your information may be disclosed to any contractor.
- If we are investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to Police Scotland, local authority departments, Scottish Fire and Rescue Services and others involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise.
- If we are updating tenancy details, your information may be disclosed to third parties (such as utility companies and local authority).
- If we are investigating payments made or otherwise, your information may be disclosed to payment processors, local authority and the Department for Work and Pensions.
- If we are conducting a survey of our products and/or service, your information may be disclosed to third parties assisting in the compilation and analysis of the survey results.
- If we are asked by HMRC in regards to taxation, your information may be accordingly disclosed.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
Our full retention schedule is available at Highland Housing Alliance.
You have the right at any time to –
- Ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records.
- Require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
- Make a request to us to delete what personal data we hold about you and
- Object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
IF you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Highland Housing Alliance/HHA Homes, Fairways, Castle Heather, Inverness IV2 6AA
A "cookie" is a small text file that is stored on your computer's hard drive and which records how you move around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
Cookies are used on highlandhousingalliance.com to track your use of our website via Google Analytics.
The data gathered enables us to understand how you use the site and track any patterns regarding how you are using our website. This helps us to develop and improve our website as well as products and/or services in response to what you might need or want. The data gathered in this way is anonymised so that you are not identified individually.
Most web browsers allow control of cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org